Updates and New Features in Vacation RentPro
Note: Registered users are entitled to free updates for one year.
Updates are easily installed by selecting "Check for New Updates" in the VRP Tools menu.
To view updates prior to 2014, Click Here.
Updates are cumulative. Therefore, please review any previous updates that may apply to you depending on your last update.
*** Note: We also develop professional websites for your Vacation Rental business. *** If you are interested in a new website for your VR business, please check out VacationWebPro.com. Our websites include integration with Vacation RentPro and many other features.
- 8/8/2018 v.1.0.3194 • The Private View Bookings List now shows bookings details only when clicking on a property name in the timeline. You can optionally override this, and either show or hide all booking details using a new option provided. Also, the lists are now larger and easier to read when viewed on a mobile device. See the Help topic "Private View Bookings Lists" for more info. • Posting accounting transactions to Quickbooks or Quicken has a new option to post payments "before" bookings are posted. There is also a new "Find" button on the form to search for transactions. See help topic: Posting Accounting Transactions for details on the new "-UP" switch.
- 7/21/2018 v.1.0.3192 • Company address was added to upper left corner in the Commissions Report and Bookings Reports. When changing dates on a booking with Locked-in Rates, and the new dates result in a different rate, a popup will appear asking if you want to unlock the rate and use the new rate. • Added a new Booking Status called "Canceled by Owner", which can be used by integrated sites such as HomeAway to determine whether to return money to the guest or not. • Resolved possible OLE error when generating emails on very fast PC's. • The Properties form was expanded slightly to be less crowded and to show larger photo thumbnails. Photo thumbnails will now show a Red border if their size is less than the recommended dimensions. This helps identify which photos need to be updated for optimum compatibility with other sites. • When uploading icalendars, rates and booking calendars to the web, the progress bar is not displayed now since these uploads go very fast. This helps reduce the processing time. • Added new Pet Policy Note to Properties form > Interface > Terms and Text. The Housekeeping Report has a new option to show the Next Booking's number of nights. • The Property Statement report now allows using the <Properties with matching data> option with the Auto FTP and Auto Email options.
- browser emulation now uses ie 11000. so html editing will
now show lower case, and web form auto fill will be able to
handle more websites. also added co address to commissions rpt,
and bookings rpts. was already in prop stmt rpt. added popup
prompt when rate is different after changing dates. (for keli
- 5/13/2018 v.1.0.3183 • Changes to accommodate HomeAway's latest integration requirements include: 1) A new "Model Property" checkbox added to the HomeAway interface settings, which is used to specify which property has your most common rates and configuration. 2) Rental Agreements used by HomeAway now must be in PDF format. Therefore, you can specify either your own PDF link, or select a template (or text) which will be used to auto-generate and upload a PDF when posting web pages. (See Properties form > Interface > Terms & Text tab). The Check-in Days option (in the Properties form > Interface > Instant Quotes tab), has a new format, which allows specifying not only check-in days of the week, but also check-out days. See Help on Instant Quotes for examples if you need to limit check-ins and check-outs to specific days of the week.
- 4/5/2018 v.1.0.3180 • Added 2 new options to the Property Statement report for: "Show Booking Memo 1, and/or Memo 2 notes". This can be used to relay to owners why you discounted a particular booking, for example. Added 2 new columns to the Alerts Manager form, to show: "Ad Source" and "Cleaner". Increased the timeout for sending SMTP emails up to 20 seconds, before it fails.
- 3/23/2018 v.1.0.3179 • The Ad and Referral Sources form has a new option to: "Warn if Unscheduled Payments exist when Saving Bookings". This will alert you when bookings from specific Ad Sources have any unscheduled payment amounts. A new option to "List all Photos and Sizes for all Active Properties", has been added to the "Photo Options and Help" link, in the Properties form > Photos page (on the left side). This can be used to find any photos that are less than the preferred size of 1920 pixels. The Property Fees and Discounts form has a new column for "Ad Sites". This allows specifying which Ad Sites (interfaces) a Default fee is used with. For example, you can specify that a specific default fee should only be used with RedAwning or HomeAway. See Help on Property Fees and Discounts for more info. • The Protect Website Folders feature now allows publishing a single link to the owners page (or cleaners page), where owners or cleaners can enter a username and password to access their own files or reports. (There's no need to provide owners and cleaners with separate links now). See help on: "Password Protecting Website folders" for info. • The Bookings form now displays summary info about the currently selected booking above the timeline grid. You can also click on the summary info to access the Tenant options menu. • Added option to "Show Tenant Address" in Housekeeping, Check-in and Check-out reports. • The "Import" button in the Bookings form has a new option to: Post the Next imported reservation.
- 2/10/2018 v.1.0.3173 • You can now define "Event Restrictions" within the Property Rates form, by selecting one of the new "Rate Options" (on the right-hand side). Event Restrictions allow specifying whether Check-ins and/or Check-outs are allowed during specific date ranges. The restrictions are also enforced during online bookings within web calendars, and on HomeAway/VRBO. See Help on: "Property Rates" for more info. There is a new option to flag individual Expenses and Commissions to property owners, as "Taxable" expenses. See Help on: "Taxable Expenses" for details. • Added Taxable Revenue Totals to Bookings Detail reports. When generating reports to PDF, you can now keep up to 5 previous PDF reports open without having to close them first. This allows comparing different reports without having to print or save them. • Added extra checks during backups, and also a lockout mechanism during database upgrades. Corrected an issue when using links to the searchable group page that have check-in and check-out date parameters included.
- 1/19/2018 v.1.0.3169 • When copying specific Rates from another Property, you now have to the option to copy just the Dates for rates that have Matching Names and Years. For example, if you adjust the dates for seasonal rates on one property, you can then easily copy these new dates to other properties without overriding the rate amounts. Resolved an issue when selecting photos, where the selected photo displayed with incorrect dimensions. • In the Expenses form, there is a new checkbox for "Exclude from Vendor 1099". This allows excluding certain expenses (such as supplies that you reimburse the Cleaner for) when running the Property Statement report and selecting: Run Report > Export to Excel > Vendor 1099. When selecting Photos within the application, a new popup allows you to select from the Last 10 Remembered folders which you previously selected from, rather than only the last folder. A few minor fixes.
- 1/10/2018 v.1.0.3167 • Increased the number of Property Photos from 20 to 32 in the Properties form. Now you can have up to 64 photos displayed for an individual property if you are using the Site and Location Photos option. Also added an option to "Clear All Photos" when clicking on a photo. • Rate Quotes in Plain Text email inquiry replies will now line up the amounts within emails having variable width fonts. • Added a colon (":") after rate quote line item names to make rate quotes more readable, since HomeAway (and other sites) compress multiple spaces into 1 space. • Added option to "Print 3-fold Mailing Addresses (or any other documents)" to the Options button in both the Contacts and Tenants forms. You can print for a single Contact/Tenant or for a filtered list using any "Contact Doc 1" type Template, (a standard 3-fold Template is included). Corrected a recent issue when selecting Attachments for Templates. When selecting Photos, 2 new options were added which allow "Moving (or Copying) All Photos selected to a MyFiles folder". This is useful for reorganizing multiple photos quickly. • Improved the speed of uploading property pages. • Resolved an issue where FTP Backups/Restores were sometimes getting an Out of memory error.
- 11/28/2017 v.1.0.3157 • When hovering the mouse over Photos in the Properties form (and also the Sites and Locations form), a popup window now appears with a large thumbnail image of the photo. This makes it easier to identify photos when selecting or rearranging them. • The "Update Web Reminder" button at the top, now has a Double-click option, and also a menu allowing you to use the Web Auto Updater process, which runs as a separate process so you can work on other things while it's updating. • Solved an issue in the latest Microsoft Office updates to Outlook, which prevented the Floating Calendar from Replying to emails. • When importing bookings from other sources, a check for double bookings is now performed immediately, rather than waiting until Save is pressed. If your web host requires a private key for SFTP, this is now possible. See help on FTP Settings. • Added a new "Web Links" tab to the Properties form > Notes tab, which can be used for storing links to the property's listings on other sites. Or use it for any other links. Added a new option when creating Blockout bookings, to blockout just 1 day, either before or after the current booking. This can be used when giving a guest a very early check-in or late check-out, making the night unavailable.
- 11/9/2017 v.1.0.3148 • The new RedAwning interface is now available. Please see the Help topic on: "RedAwning Interface" for details. There is a new option in the Ad and Referral Sources form to "Hide Rate Information in emails sent to Tenants". This option should be used with Ad Sites that upcharge the guest rate (ex. AirBnb, RedAwning, etc). In addition, there is a new %If%...%Else%...%EndIf% Placeholder that can be used in Email Templates in order to easily exclude Rate Quotes and other info from Emails. There is another new Placeholder called: %AdSource.HideRate%. See Help topic on: %If%...%Else%...%EndIf% Placeholders for examples of using both of these Placeholders. Some minor improvements were made to web pages. • The new Guest Reviews form now includes an Ad Source selection, and some other improvements. Also, Reviews posted on the Web now show the Review Month, Year and Ad Source. (Repost your group/property web pages after updating). • When doing Backups of the database (either local or remote), you now have the option to: "Exclude the MyFiles folder (containing Photos and Documents)". The "Property" button in the Floating Calendar now includes links to the Property's website and other listing pages.
- 10/29/2017 v.1.0.3143 • A new interface with RedAwning.com was added to the Properties form > Interface settings, which will soon be available after Beta testing is completed. This will allow publishing listings and importing bookings from other channels such as Expedia, Booking.com, Airbnb, RedAwning, TripAdvisor, etc. If interested, you can read the Help topic on: "RedAwning Interface". Past dates in Web Calendars now show a lighter color and no line-thru on open dates. When posting all Group and Property Web pages via the top "Web" button, a new checkbox option allows you to "Purge obsolete files on the website", such as old, inactive property pages and photos. • A new "Guest Reviews" form was added (in the Forms menu at the top). This provides a central repository for storing Guest Reviews from various sources, and then optionally displaying Reviews within your Property Web pages. (See Example Here). See the Help topic on: "Guest Reviews" for more info. There is a new "View Property Websites" option in the Properties form "Options" button at the top. This allows viewing your listings on external sites, such as VRBO, AirBnb, RedAwning, etc. This feature is also available from the Floating Calendar's "Property" button. • The menu bar in Property Web Pages now shows a different color for the Active page being viewed.
- 10/1/2017 v.1.0.3140 • Web Calendars and Searchable Group web pages now show dates that are in the past, as unavailable. Other minor improvements made to all web pages. (After updating, repost your group/property web pages). When Outlook signatures are included in emails, 1 of the 2 blank lines that Outlook inserts above the signature is now removed. The 2 Workflow documents which can be selected in the Expenses form are now remembered and defaulted to, when new Expenses are created. • Group web pages now show a thin border around the last viewed Property, when returning back to the Group web page. This helps guests see which Property they last viewed. • The Floating Calendar was updated to accommodate Airbnb's new email formats. • Fixed a minor display issue with optional fees within Instant Quotes. • If the Bookings form is left open overnight, a notice is displayed to reset the Timeline header.
- 8/20/2017 v.1.0.3132 • A new column called "Dow:Mn" has been added to the Property Rates form. This allows specifying "Minimum Nights for specific Days of the Week". See Help on Property Rates for more info. The forms for Property Rates, Fees, Commissions and Rooms all have a new "up/down" navigation button (next to the Property selection drop-down). This allows scrolling through the list of properties and scanning information easily without having to click the drop-down and select the next property. The Document and Email Templates form now allows easily converting Html templates to Plain Text format (by unchecking the "Html Format" option in both the Email Text and Document tabs). There are 4 new "Inquiry Reply" Sample Templates that are in Plain Text format, (which can optionally be Imported using the "Import Latest Sample Templates" button on the "Doc Info" tab of the Templates form. Since, Plain text format is now required when replying to HomeAway/VRBO inquiries, you can either Copy and convert your own templates to Plain Text format, or Import the new sample "Inquiry Reply" - Plain Text formatted Templates. The Ad Source and Referrals form has a new option to: "Use Plain Text formatted Templates when replying to Inquiries". When this option is checked, the Floating Calendar will automatically switch to a Plain Text reply Template which matches the "Default to this Template..." option in the Templates form. If you're not already using this option, you should try it. It's near the bottom of the "Doc Info" tab in the Templates form. The Floating Calendar will now display a warning when replying to inquires from Ad Sources that require Plain Text format if the selected Template is in Html format. The default web page colors have changed slightly to a Blue shade of text and an off-White background. (Your current colors are unchanged). See Example here. • The "View Sample" button was added back in the Html Editor when editing Templates.
- 8/12/2017 v.1.0.3129 • In web calendars, when guests select the Check-in Date, the Check-Out Date will now be automatically set based on the minimum nights specified for the check-in date. The User Defined Query (in the Tools menu) now always uses the current database, even if you have changed the database location since your queries were last saved. • A few minor improvements to web pages. • The "Previous / Next Page" buttons at the bottom of the Searchable Property Group web page, will now scroll to the top of the page automatically after changing pages.
- 8/6/2017 v.1.0.3126 • All of the Inquire and Email links on web pages, now open a web form with 2 methods to send emails (using the browser's default email method, or copy/paste into a new email). Please repost your group/property pages after updating. • The Housekeeping Cleaning Schedule report type option for "List of Check-ins" now shows Turnover info for the check-in dates. And the "List of Check-outs" now shows Turnover info for checkout dates. This can be useful for example when doing room inspections before arrival using the List of Check-ins report type. • A new Placeholder called %Cleanings% was added, which will insert a list of all of the booking's scheduled cleanings. • The Day of the Week is now displayed in the Bookings form next to the check-in and check-out dates. • When posting Property Group web pages, an .htaccess file is now also uploaded which will redirect any old, deleted property pages to the group page, rather than display a 404 not found error. When using the "Web Page Inquire Link" option (in System Preferences > Web Page Settings) to link to your own custom form for email inquiries, a new "details" parameter is automatically added to the link, which contains all the details of the quote. This allows for easy integration with plugins such as the popular Wordpress "Contact Form 7" plugin.
- 7/18/2017 v.1.0.3120 • Group web pages now remember the current scrolled position on the page when returning back from viewing a property page. Plus other minor web page improvements. Please repost your Group / Property web pages after updating. • Corrected a minor issue with sharing Rates from other properties. • Added an option to the small Globe button on the HomeAway interface settings (in the Properties form), to "View currently uploaded Availability and Rates", in order to allow verifying the interface info if needed. • Added ability to do By-Month and By-Week rates in Instant Quotes and the HomeAway interface (by setting the Default Rate Type to either of these in the Properties form > Misc tab). Added a new option to the Property Groups form to "Override Property Links", which allows the property group page to point to non-VRP property web pages if needed. • You can now enable "Instant Bookings" for your HomeAway listings (using the Enable option in the HomeAwayPM interface settings). Note: You will need to contact HomeAway to enable IB for your account first. Also, you still need to invoice guests for payment. Give consideration before enabling IB, since you must limit cancellations to a minimum. • Added a warning when saving a booking, if the check-out Cleaning is scheduled before the check-out date, in case you have not selected to automatically schedule check-out cleanings (in the Properties form > Misc tab).
- 6/20/2017 v.1.0.3109 • A new interface to www.FindRentals.com was added. FindRentals is a new partner who offers straight-up advertising at a low cost. They also display a "Book Now" button on your listings which link directly to your own website Property pages. They are offering a 2-month Free trial and only $30 / year / property subscription for VRP users. See Help topic on "FindRentals Interface" for more info. A new "Use CC Token" option was added to System Preferences. See Help topic on "Credit Card Tokens" for more info. • When posting Property web pages in the Properties form > Web Post tab, any external interfaces are also updated now. • The Bookings Chart and Detail Reports have a new option to select "Ad Sources", plus an option to "Hide Ad Source" on the report. • Added a new "Reminder" button to update Web Calendars in the top toolbar when calendar updates are pending (and the Auto Web Updater is not running). The Search Widget on web pages now includes the first 2 checkboxes for Amenity search keywords (defined in System Preferences > Web Page Settings). Also the "Find Any or All" drop-down option was removed from the widget. The "Map" page on property Web pages now defaults to using the property's Lat/Long, (provided no embedded html is specified), and will display a map image with a pointer pointing to the exact location. Property Titles in group web pages are now clickable links. Fixed a recent issue when manually adding a scheduled payment for the full amount due.
- 5/15/2017 v.1.0.3103 • Added an option to "Adjust Rates" to a specific percentage in the HomeAway interface settings. Added an "Alternate Title" field in the Properties form > Web tab. If specified, the Alternate Title will replace the Title in the HomeAway, VRBO and TripAdvisor listings. Changed the existing Alternate Long Description, so that it is always enabled, regardless if you have Html formatting in the normal Property Long Description. This allows having a different Long Description on HomeAway, VRBO and TripAdvisor. • When using the floating calendar to read Payment Received emails from VR Payment, a button was added to the "Dates not recognized" popup, with the option to "Show Tenant's Bookings". This makes it easy to quickly locate the booking when receiving payment received notification emails. When saving bookings integrated with HomeAway, a new button option is displayed allowing you to "Update this Property Now" to HomeAway. • Fixed a minor issue when unchecking the "Html Format" checkbox next to the Property Long Description, where sometimes it did not convert to plain text. • You can now change the Property on HomeAway bookings if needed, (rather than cancelling and adding a new booking). A new Placeholder Option called [Replace] was added, which can be used to replace text or characters if needed.
- 5/7/2017 v.1.0.3096 • There's a new option in System Preferences to: "Use Property Name" when uploading property details to Availability Online, (in System Preferences > Interfaces > Availability Online). The Bookings form has a few small changes, including a new "Unlock Rate" button next to Rates, when the Rates are Locked. And a new pre-defined filter (in the "Show" drop-down at the top), for "Check-ins and Check-outs Tomorrow". When updating the software to the current version which requires a database update, you will see a new checkbox option to "Exclude the MyFiles folder from the automatic Backup". This can help the update run faster if you have a lot of property photos which do not need be included in the backup. • You can now update Full Listing details to HomeAway or TripAdvisor for an individual property only, by using the "Post Property Website" button (in the Properties form > Web Post tab), and selecting one of the options which include "And Update Full Listing Interfaces". This allows publishing updates for an individual property quickly if needed. • Corrected the proration of Other Revenue on the Property Statement report, if Taxes Received are marked as revenue. • Two new call to action buttons were added to Property web pages, for: "View Photos", and "Watch Videos". When prompted whether a new Booking is from a HomeAway Inquiry, you now need to enter 'Yes' to confirm.
- 4/18/2017 v.1.0.3091 • Added a new %RptDates% Placeholder that can be used with "Auto Email Report" type Templates. This can be used to show the selected reporting dates within the email text or subject line. Added 3 new dynamic Date range options to all Reports, for selecting: "Tomorrow", "Tomorrow + Next Day", and "Tomorrow + Next 2 Days". The Floating Calendar was updated to accommodate changes in TripAdvisor inquiries. • There is a new "Adjust Rates" option in the TripAdvisor Interface settings in the Properties form > Interface tab. This allows adjusting rates on TripAdvisor to recoup their fees or encourage more bookings. • When unchecking the "Use Html" checkbox next to the Property Long Description, Rental Agreement Text, or Owner Agreement text in the Properties form, any existing Html will be removed automatically. (No copy/paste required). • Minor changes to the Properties form > Web Post tab, and other areas. • Tiered Flat Rates can now be used by the Instant Quotes in web calendars, and also in the HomeAway OLB interface. To use Tiered Flat Rates, the "Default Rate Type" option must be set to "Tiered Flat Rate" (in the Properties form > Misc tab). Tiered Flat Rates calculate a flat rate based on the combination of monthly, weekly and daily rates. • When saving new Bookings for properties which are integrated with HomeAway, you are now prompted if the booking is from a HomeAway or VRBO inquiry, and whether to set the Ad Source automatically. Adjustments were made when printing envelopes using the printer loading "Center" option in User Preference option.
- 3/27/2017 v.1.0.3085 • A new "TripAdvisor - Full Listing" interface has been added which uses the same info as the HomeAwayPM interface. See Help topic on "TripAdvisor Interface" for instructions. (There is no additional cost for using this interface if you're already integrated with HomeAway OLB). Html Bold tags (<b> and </b>) are now allowed in property Long Descriptions and Short Summary text even if you are interfacing with HomeAway. When VRP uploads to HomeAway or TripAdvisor, any Html bold tags will be automatically removed. This allows maintaining just one set of texts if you require simple text bolding on your website. • Consolidated the "Download and Import new reservations" button options in the Bookings form, so that it processes all online booking interfaces in a single option. A new "Check Alerts" button was added to the top Toolbar (next to the "Web" button). This makes it easier to quickly locate bookings with Payments Due when receiving an email notice that a payment request was paid. Also, the "Check Alerts" toolbar button will display the Alerts Manager instantly, without an alerts summary prompt.
- 3/18/2017 v.1.0.3081 • There is a new "Auto-Lock" checkbox in the Bookings form, next to the Rate on the Rental Info tab. This allows you to automatically Lock-in the Rate on any new bookings. iCal calendar exports have been changed so that dates are exported for each individual booking, rather than for contiguous booked dates. When defining Bedrooms for a property, you can now add "Other Sleeping Area" room types if needed, in addition to the bedrooms. The API used for HomeAway has been moved to a new server for better performance. • The Bookings form has a new column in the bookings grid for "Ad Source". This allows you to sort and view at a glance which bookings are from HomeAway or other sources. • Solved a sub-total issue in the Occupancy Report when the "New page for each Property" option was not selected.
- 2/28/2017 v.1.0.3077 • A new %RatesByDay% Placeholder was added which shows the default rates for each day booked. This allows guest to see how the average rate was calculated. (Note: Do not use if overriding the calculated rate). Property Photo paths and descriptions are now searchable again via the "Find" button in the Properties form. The Booking Report's 3D bar charts now display again in the report preview window. There is a new Alert option in the Properties form > Misc tab, for setting the "Days in advance of Check-in to Send Welcome Info / Confirmation". There are 2 new options in System Preferences > External Data for changing the Private View Folders if needed. • You can now Remove a single Amenity from multiple properties, by Right-clicking on a selected Amenity in the Properties form > Amenities tab, and selecting "Remove Amenity from All Properties currently listed". • In the Floating Calendar's "Property" button, there is a new option to "Show Property Rates", which makes it easy to quickly display all rates for the selected property.
- 2/13/2017 v.1.0.3073 • HomeAway OLB Integration testing has completed successfully. Please see the updated Help topic: "New HomeAwayPM Interface - Online Bookings (OLB)" to make sure you have finished the steps necessary, and familiarize yourself with how OLB Integration works. This update includes many changes for the OLB Integration. It also includes other enhancements, including an updated Report Preview engine (which allows additional and improved Exporting options). If you have any questions about OLB Integration with HomeAway, feel free to call VRP Support. • Added some more finishing touches to the OLB Integration. • Searchable group web page now searches exact number of bedrooms instead of number of bedrooms or higher. Changed web calendars to use By-Month rate type (instead of prorated monthly rate type), when appropriate. • Corrected a minor issue in the Property Rooms form when Explicit Edit mode is enabled. • Property Amenities can now be copied from another property (either selected amenities or all amenities), in the Properties form > Amenities tab. Solved an issue with double-spacing between paragraphs when sending emails through Outlook (which was caused by an Outlook update). • Calendar data uploaded to HomeAway/VRBO now acknowledges the setting for how to show Tentative and Signed Agreement booking statuses on web calendars, (specified in the Properties form > Web tab). If set to show as "Tentative", then dates on HomeAway/VRBO are shown as Open, since there is no Tentative option on HomeAway. • Solved a recent issue when sending emails from plain text format Templates.
- 12/3/2016 v.1.0.3060 • Good News! The HomeAway Online Bookings (OLB) Integration is complete and currently being tested with HomeAway. This VRP update includes all of the functionality, including instructions in the new Help topic: "New HomeAwayPM Interface - Online Bookings (OLB)". Testing is being done with selected users. Once testing is complete, the interface will be available, (and a notice will be posted here). Please note, this feature will require a $150/year fee to VRP Support, since it requires a web component that must be maintained. However, it will save your $150/Listing per year on HomeAway subscription costs. Feel free to look at the help topic, and start preparing. There isn't much to do, provided that you already performed the steps required for the HomeAwayPm Full Listing Interface. • The number of Property Photos has been increased from 16 to 20 in the Properties form > Photos tab. Therefore, with the 16 Site Photos and 16 Location Photos. So, you can now have a maximum of 52 photos displayed on your website for each property.
- 11/14/2016 v.1.0.3058 • Added a new "Site" column to the Bookings form View-by-Property grid. Added a fade-in effect to property web pages when clicking pages in the menu bar. Added a "character count" display to the Zoom Edit windows, so you can see if you're under the limits required by HomeAway for Long Descriptions and other texts. Improved some of the messages displayed for the HomeAway validation checks, to help pinpoint missing rates, and other requirements.
- 10/31/2016 v.1.0.3054 • Many changes and improvements were made in this update. First and foremost, is a new "HomeAwayPM - Full Listings Interface". (Note: The old interface still exists). The new Interface allows VRP to update all property details, photos, amenities, rooms (new), descriptions, calendars, rates, etc. with HomeAway/VRBO. This is also a pre-requisite for the next phase, which is "Online Bookings Integration", which is currently being worked on. So, the sooner everyone implements the new Full Listing interface, the better. As the Help instructions explain, HomeAway needs to work with each customer in order to switch from the old interface to the new. So, to get started, please see the help topic: "HomeAwayPM Interface", for instructions on what to do in the VRP software to get started. If you have any questions, please contact VRP Support. This update also includes: a new Rooms module, a long list of fixed Amenities which are shared with HomeAway, a new Property Type setting, a new Living Area size setting, a new Alternate Long Description, and several other enhancements. • Added Rental Agreement and Cancellation Policy fields to the Properties form > Interface tab. These will be used for the Online Bookings integration, when available. Corrected a recent issue with the small "Globe" button in the Bookings form.
- 8/26/2016 v.1.0.3042 • There is a new "Web" toolbar button option to automatically "Update Web Cleaning Schedule Report(s)" on your website. This allows updating cleaning schedule reports on your website so you can provide your Cleaners with links to their individual Housekeeping Reports. Note: these can be password protected also. See Help topics "Uploading Web Cleaning Schedule Reports" and "Protecting Private View FTP Site Folders" for more info. There is a new Auto-FTP option in the Property Statements, Cleaning Schedules and Booking Calendar reports, which allows uploading multiple reports "without Prompts", so you're not prompted after each report upload. There is a new "Notes" button in the upper right-hand corner of each Report Parameters form, which can be useful for storing internal notes about reports and when to run them, etc. When importing bookings from Availability Online, the billing address is now imported into the tenant's billing address. • Made changes to the exported iCal Calendars to make sure they validate using 3rd party iCal validating tools. (These changes were not necessary in the past, but this may eliminate any possible issues with sites requiring validation). • Added "Lat, Long" Latitude, Longitude field to the Properties form > Property Info tab, in lieu of the future HomeAway full listing interface. Made changes to the Expression Builder used for defining Filters and Custom Alerts so you can more easily select dynamic dates (dates based on the current date, etc.). • Updated the Floating Calendar to accommodate changes in TripAdvisor inquiries.
- 8/14/2016 v.1.0.3037 • The "Check-in Days of Week" rule in the Properties form > Interface > Instant Quote tab, now allows an optional "Period" to apply the Days of Week rule to. You can also specify multiple rules for different periods, so you can require different check-in days at different times of year, if needed. See Help topic on "Instant Quotes" for more info. The Bookings Chart Detail Report now shows a "C" notation if a Fee is "Commissionable" when the "Show Fees" option is selected in the report. Cleaning Notice emails that use the %CleanOn% Placeholder will now include the text: "*** Special Check-Out ***" next to the cleaning time, if the booking has a Special Check-out Time specified. • A new feature was added, which allows password protecting any documents and reports uploaded to the Private View FTP site. This feature also creates Index pages of Documents and Folders which are also password protected. See help topic on: "Protecting Private View FTP Site Folders" for details. When specifying the FTP site for uploading Reports (in the Report Parameters), you can now use a new placeholder called: %PrivateViewFtpSite%, rather than having to specify the FTP settings.
- 7/25/2016 v.1.0.3033 • Added an option in System Preferences to specify which HomeAway Interface version to use. (Do not change the version unless VRP Support contacts you and requests it). Added a 4th automatic Booking Reminder. Instant Quotes will now "warn" guests when they select "Inquire" (rather than "Reserve") if any minimum nights or max persons rules are broken. • Updated the Floating Calendar to accommodate recent changes in HomeAway/VRBO inquiries. • Added a new option in System Preferences > External Data, to password protect the Private View folder on your website from within VRP, without having to so through your hosting account. Added an option to temporarily stop notices of adjacent bookings with special check-in or check-out times, when saving a booking. • Cleaning alerts displayed in the Alerts Manager now show the assigned Cleaner next to the Tenant. The "Go to Alert" button now includes an option to view the Cleaner's contact info, to make it easier to contact them if needed.
- 6/22/2016 v.1.0.3025 • A new feature has been added which allows defining "Custom Alerts", which can be triggered with the normal Check for Alerts, or when Saving a Booking. See Help topic on "Custom Alerts" for more info. Corrected a processing fee calculation in the Bookings form when payments are mixed between CC and Checks. • Added a new "Active" field to Custom Alerts, User-defined Queries and Filters. This allows disabling custom alerts and filters, without having to delete them, in case you wish to use them again in the future. • Solved error with Outlook 2016 when replying to email inquiries. Note: Make sure Outlook's Paste Options are set to Keep source formatting, when pasting from other program. (Outlook Options > Mail > Editor Options > Advanced). • Corrected a recent issue when exporting report data to Excel. • There is a new option in: System Preferences > Other > Future Availability Months, which allows increasing the number of months (from 15 up to 24) to show availability and rates in web pages and external interfaces. Consider carefully before changing. See notes in the System Preference setting. Improved the Process Fee / Cash Discount calculation in the Bookings form to accommodate variations of different types of payments received. There is also a new "Lock Process Fee" checkbox, which allows preventing the fee from being recalculated, or allows you to manually enter the process fee. This can be useful if payments received to not match the type of payment expected. "Https" can now be specified in the Property and Property Group FTP settings for the Http Display Folder setting. Corrected a minor issue in the Follow-up Report when selecting the Cleanings Due report option. Enhanced the recently new "Custom Alerts" feature to allow more advanced alert parameters.
- 5/24/2016 v.1.0.3019 • Added a new [NoLastWord] Placeholder Option which can be used to display first and middle names of Tenants if needed. Added a new "Change Font Size" option when Right-clicking on multi-line text boxes in any of the forms. This can make it easer to edit long text fields with complex Expression Placeholders. A new column was added to the Document Templates form grid which shows the Date Last Updated. This column can also be sorted which can help when finding templates you recently changed. • Added a new [IfEmpty] Placeholder option, and a new IfEmpty() function which can be used to display alternate text if the placeholder's value is empty, zero (0), or unknown. • Added a link to "App Notes" on the bottom right of the Html Editor form. App Notes are useful for storing text or expressions in one place, which can then be used in multiple Document Templates and Web pages. • The Property Statement, Occupancy and Cleaning Schedule reports now include the Company Phone Number in the report header. A new checkbox was added to the Bookings form > Billing Info tab, below the "$" dollar sign button, which provides an option to automatically switch to the Work Flow tab after charging payments. Updated the Floating Calendar to accommodate changes in AirBnb inquiries and reservation requests. • Minor change to Additional Fee and Commission calculations when setting a fee variable and the fee does not meet the min/max days trigger. • The small "Book" button above the Grid in the Bookings form, has a new Filter shortcut to show "Current & Future Bookings (and Move Timeline to this Booking)". This can be helpful after doing a Find. • Where you can Export to Excel, you can now optionally export to a CSV file, which may be preferable when exporting info to Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc. • When selecting Property Photos, the photos will now fit within a 16:9 frame or a 4:3 frame depending on the original photo aspect ratio. Previously it only used 16:9 frames. You can now optionally specify that the Max Persons and/or Sleeps do Not show on web pages if needed, by setting either of these to '99' in the Properties form. This can be helpful if you show "commercial" type properties on your website.
- 4/21/2016 v.1.0.3005 • There is a new "Payments Report" in the Reports menu with multiple sub-total and selection options. This can be useful for reconciling payments, and reporting payments due or received. The "Available?" popup form now lets you select both the Check-in and Check-out dates in a single calendar (same as the Bookings form). Also, there are two new standard templates for replying with a List of Properties. These cannot be modified, but you can use the "Copy Template" button in the Templates form to make a copy which can then be customized. When posting Web Calendars, the "Calendar link" in the Properties form Notes tab will now be updated automatically if the checkbox to "Set Links when posting web pages" on the Notes tab is checked. Previously, the Calendar link only updated when posting the Property page. • If you use Rental Guardian for Travel and Damage insurance, then there is a new field map for the Web Form Assistant. Please see Help on "Insurance Processing" for setting up the new Weblink and Field Map. This update requires a software update on each PC, which can easily be done in the tools menu > Check for new updates. • A new user privilege called "Read-Only Properties" is now available which can be assigned to users in order to prevent them from editing any Property info, including Rates, Fees and Commissions. Backups now include the database subfolder name in the backup name, to help identify backups from multiple companies. • Improvements were made to: 1) the template processor for Word documents (including generating PDF's from Word document templates), 2) the Html Editor (including assigning background colors to table rows and cells). There is a new %TotalAddFees% placeholder which shows the total of any Additional Fees (fees based on total sale). • A new Placeholder Option [GetText] as been added which can be used to extract text from within any other text. When using the SMTP email method, and local disk photos exist within the Document part of templates, a warning is no longer displayed. The warning only appears for email text now.
- 3/29/2016 v.1.0.2998 • Searchable Property Group web pages have a new "Sort by" option, which allows sorting by Name, Sleeps or Average Rate. Also, the appearance of the selection fields has been improved. • The small "Calculator" button next to the "Adjustment" field in the Bookings form can now calculate the adjustment amount required in order to reach a target Final Sale amount, or other target amount. This can be used for example, when you're trying to back into an AirBnb total amount. • Word Document Templates now have the "Convert to PDF" option enabled, the same as Html documents do. This allows sending Word templates as PDF files. Instant Quote web calendars will now enforce the minimum nights and max persons rules if only the "Inquire" button is enabled (and the "Book it Now" option is disabled). The Floating Calendar was updated to accommodate changes in AirBnb reservation requests. • Adjusted the "Convert to PDF" option for Word Document Templates to accommodate Word 2010 and prior versions. • Corrected an issue in the Bookings Chart Detail reports when using the Limit by Payment dates option. Web Calendars now have a little "fancier" Property title styling. And when calendars are viewed outside of a frame, the Property title displays on top. • A new "Find Tenant" button has been added to the Bookings form next to the Tenant drop-down selection, which allows finding and selecting Tenants by name. It also allows Adding and Viewing tenants. • When sending reports to an FTP site, the reports will not be automatically displayed by default. • Searchable Group web pages have a few styling improvements within the search box. When using the "Search for Available Properties" feature in the Floating Calendar, the Selected Properties list will now initialize with the active row on the property selected in the Floating Calendar if that property is available. This helps if you wish to add that property to the top of the list. • The CC# button in the bookings form will now allow copying the CC from the Tenant into the Booking. Also, if the Tenant has a newer CC than the booking, you will be notified when processing payments. • Fixed a recent issue with the "Available?" button in the bookings form. Updated the %LinkToQuoteInProp% Placeholder to work with any Browsers. • A new option was added to the Bookings form "Options" button, to "Show Total of any Booking Extensions". This can be useful if you use Extension Bookings to quickly show the total of related bookings. Updated the Searchable Group page. (Repost your Group/Property pages after this update)
- 3/10/2016 v.1.0.2983 • When the Floating Calendar's "Paste All" button searches for an existing Tenant, it now searches all email addresses in the Tenant's Email1 and Email2 fields, even if these fields contain multiple email addresses separated by commas. • The Contacts and Resources form has a new field for specifying the "Commissions Posting Category / Account" for this Contact. This can be used rather than specifying the same account for each and every Property in the Property Commissions form. See help topic on: "Contact Misc Info" for more details. The Instant Quote web calendar will now show a prorated weekly rate if the Nights selected is less than 7 and no Daily rate is defined. (Previously, it showed a 0 rate if no Daily rate was defined). The Searchable Group web page can now show up to 50 listings at a time. The previous max was 25. • Property, Site and Location Photos tabs have a new button to "Copy Sorted Photos" to a temporary folder (in numerical sequence). This can be used to easily upload multiple photos to VRBO and other listing sites, in the pre-arranged order shown without having to re-arrange photos on listing sites after uploading them. The Drag & Drop Photos feature has been improved also. The Bookings form Rental Info page has a new "calculator" button next to the Adjustment field. This can be used to quickly calculate the adjustment if you are trying to adjust to a specific Total Rent amount. The "Inquire" button on Instant Quote web calendars now requires the guest to Acknowledge any notice you have specified in the Instant Quote Info text in the Properties form. Previously, only the "Book it Now" button required the Acknowledge checkbox. Fixed an issue when using %AppNote.% Placeholders in a Property Long Description, where line breaks were not preserved. The overlay Photos slide show in Property web pages (when clicking on a large photo in the Photos page) now accommodates photos larger than the browser window. • The Post Property Website button in the Properties form > Web Post tab, has a new option to "Delete Property from Website", which will also remove the property page and photos from the website. • Searchable Property Group web pages now search Sleeps and Bedrooms based on properties with "at least" the selected number of Sleeps and/or Bedrooms. Max Persons is now also displayed if it is different than Sleeps persons. Corrected a recent issue when displaying the Amenities List within Html email Templates. • The iCal Import feature can now read AirBnb iCal files for blocking out dates or checking calendars.
- 2/22/2016 v.1.0.2977 • The Property Statement report has 2 new options to "Show Taxable Revenue". See help on the Property Statement report for an explanation of this option. The Floating Calendar has been updated to accommodate changes in HomeAway inquiries and message emails. It also now converts any special characters in Tenant names to American ASCII equivalents so that it can lookup matches to other Tenant names input from other sources. • The number of Bedrooms selection on the Property Group web page now only shows the bedroom options available within the group's properties. There is a new Fee "Default" type called "No-Charge-Coupon Fee", which can be used to let owners book their own properties with no charges (or just a specific charge). See help on "Property Fees" for more info. • There are 3 new Cleaning Types in the Bookings form Cleanings tab for: "Tidy-Up Service", "Linen Service", and "Towels Service". In addition, there is a new "%CleaningType% Placeholder which can be used in Cleaning Notices. The Cleaning Type also shows on the Housekeeping report. Resolved a minor issue which was causing all web pages to be reposted with each new version of the software. (Should not happen after this version). The Properties form Misc page has been broken out into 2 pages. In addition, a new "Sleeps" field has been added to the Properties form Misc page to denote how many people a property normally sleeps (in beds). This can be different than Max Persons. "Sleeps" is also a new search item on the Searchable Group web page, and is also shown next to each Property's thumbnail image. • A new Placeholder: %LinkToGroupPage% was added, which can be used in Templates to link to the Property Group web page with the Search Dates automatically filled in. This easily provides a link to other properties available for the dates specified in the Floating Calendar or Bookings form. Repost your Searchable Group page after this update. • When sending emails, a blank line is now inserted at the top of the email if one does not already exist. This allows you to easily type any additional message before sending it. There is no need to remove the blank line. Previously, many people were adding a blank line to their Templates for this purpose. • A new Placeholder Option [NoLineBreakIfEmpty2] has been added, which removes 2 line breaks if the Placeholder value is empty.
- 1/21/2016 v.1.0.2965 • The Floating Calendar now recognizes dates in Trip Advisor's "message from guest" emails. The current User Name was added to the application's Title bar at the top. • Other minor improvements. • A new "Minimum Gap" option was added to the "Open Days Automatic Rate Adjustments" feature. This is a unique and powerful revenue generating feature which helps to prevent small gaps in your bookings. See Help on Open Days Automatic Rate Adjustments for details. A new "Alternate iCal Export" option was added to the Interfaces. This is a unique and powerful cost saving feature, which can be used with sites like AirBnB which charge on a per-booking basis. See Help on "iCal Calendar Export" for details on Alternate iCal Calendars. When selecting and resizing Photos, the default Photo size is now 1920 pixels wide. This matches the new minimum photo size requirement on listing sites, such as VRBO. The built in "Select and Resize" option will compress images in order to reduce file size while maintaining image quality. It is recommended to use this option even if your original photos are already 1920 pixels wide. • The Floating Calendar can now read AirBnB inquires and booking confirmations, making it easier to create bookings booked through AirBnB. Also, an adjustment was made to accommodate changes in Trip Advisor inquiries. A new button was added to the Bookings form next to the Rate selection, to Lock-in the Rate. A new button was also added to the Properties form Photos page to "Clean up Old Photos", which can be used to keep your data backups as small as possible by moving any unused photos out of the MyFiles database folder and into a separate backup folder. It is recommended to use this button periodically. • More changes to the Floating Calendar for recognizing AirBnB inquiries and booking confirmations. • Maximum Photo file size allowed has been increased when uploading property pages. • Two new Placeholder Options were added: [PromptAlert] and [PromptText] which can be used to conditionally alert you, or to prompt for a text value to insert when generating an email or document. See Help on Placeholder Options for details. • The Bookings form > Commissions page now shows the calculated "Revenue minus Commissions" total for easy reference. Payment Terms can now use all Placeholders in order to build complex payment schedules if needed. • Photos can now be selected and resized from non-mapped network drives. • Update to Searchable Group Web pages to accommodate Chrome and Firefox. (Repost your group web pages). • The Property Statement report has a new parameter to "Include only Cleaned cleanings". Also, when exporting the report to Excel and using the Vendor 1099 form option, it will ask if you wish to "Include Expenses based on Paid date, rather than booking or transaction date".
- 11/30/2015 v.1.0.2949 • Corrected a minor issue when changing the Processing fee rate in the Bookings form. • When exporting data to Excel, any "PERSONAL.xlsb" macros are now available for use in the generated spreadsheet if they exist. • The new inquiry format from TripAdvisor is now recognized by the Floating Calendar. The Floating Calendar can now read Expedia booking notices. Rate calculations which have intermittently defined weekend rates have been corrected. Several other minor improvements. • A correction was made when exporting weekend rates to AvailabilityOnline and Webervations. • A new feature has been added to allow checking (and optionally importing) external iCal calendars from third-party sites. The "Import" part of this feature is optional if you only want to check and compare VRP availability with external calendars. See the help topic "Checking and Importing External iCal Calendars" for more info. • Two new Placeholders were added which can be used within templates to provide a direct link to the Instant Quote Web Calendar - with the Check-in and Check-out dates filled in automatically. This is especially useful if you have online bookings turned on and you are replying to inquiries for available dates. The two Placeholders are: %LinkToQuote% and %LinkToQuoteInProp%, which are described in the Help on Placeholders. (Example use: %LinkToQuote%[Weblink Click Here to Book Online] ). An issue with Daylight Saving Time was corrected in the Searchable Group web pages. The Occupancy Report has a new option to Page break on each Property. • Instant Quote web calendars now display the Checkin and Checkout times. • The Floating Calendar can now be used by users that have Read-only Privilege. • A new option was added to the Bookings form Options button to "Show this Booking in the Floating Calendar". This can be useful for quickly viewing rates and available days before extending a booking. A few cosmetic improvements were made to web pages and the Date popup selector on Searchable group web pages. Please repost your Group and Property web pages after this update. • Within the Html Editor, the Indent and Outdent buttons can now be used with the Bulleted List buttons to create nested lists. • Fixed a recent issue with Rate Averaging calculations. • Instant Quotes in web calendars now acknowledge the use of variables within Additional Fee Calculations.
- 9/30/2015 v.1.0.2930 • If you are Posting Accounting Transactions to QuickBooks or Quicken, you can now post miscellaneous property expenses entered in the Expenses form also. Also, the Expense Accounts form has a new field for specifying the Posting Category / Account. See Help on "Posting Accounting Transactions" for more info. The Pay Fees and Commissions form has been renamed to "Pay Expenses and Commissions". When uploading or downloading information to and from the web, a new type of "progress bar" is displayed during the transfer. • If you use Secure FTP (SFTP) with your website, then this update includes an improved SFTP library which you will need to install to replace the old library. See the Help topic "FTP Settings" for how to install the new SFTP library. Some minor improvements were made to the Html Editor for things such as indenting and changing text colors. • Added a new Placeholder: %AddTenantsEmail1H%, which will insert a list of any additional tenants Email1 addresses, which can be used in the "Send To" tab of Templates if needed. • Web Calendars now display check-in days as "half-shaded" to help avoid confusion when guests select their check-out day for Instant Quotes. Web Cleaning Calendars now show a 2-month cleaning schedule rather than a 4-month schedule, since cleanings schedules beyond 1 or 2 months often vary greatly by that time. • Implemented the half-shaded check-in days on the Searchable Group web page also. (Repost your Group page). When sending emails, any empty email addresses in the: Send To, CC, and BCC which are pulled in by Placeholders will now be ignored as long as there is at least one Send To email address. • Added a new Placeholder: %AddTenantsEmail2H%, which will insert a list of any additional tenants Email2 addresses. • The Property Statement report has a new option to "Display Summary after running report", which provides an option for viewing the summary of all net amounts in the report. Minor improvements in the Rates form, progress bars during uploads, payment processing, Bookings form, and others.
- 8/29/2015 v.1.0.2915 • The Housekeeping report now has an Auto-FTP option to post reports on your website. The Floating Calendar has been updated to accommodate changes in HomeAway and FlipKey inquiries. • Corrected a possible issue with Rates interfaces when one or more properties use the Show rates "Exactly as Displayed" setting. Also updated the HomAway/VRBO rates export to accommodate changes on HA's system. Both Property and Group web pages now have an "Email this Page" link at the bottom of each page. Automatic Near Term Rate Adjustments can now be limited to specific periods during the year. See Help on Near Term Rate Adjustments for info. Plus various other minor improvements. After this update, repost your web pages and update both rates and calendar interfaces. • Corrected an issue when posting property web pages using the SFTP (secure FTP) option. Added a couple of convenience items: The Floating Calendar has a new button in the upper right corner (book icon), which includes shortcuts for commonly used things like Finding bookings, Checking alerts, and Updating web calendars and rates. Also, when using the "Bookings with Alerts Due" filter in the Bookings form, the form automatically switches to the page containing the alert when moving between bookings. • Alerts are now included for un-authorized scheduled Security Pre-Authorizations even if the booking is Fully Paid. • The Property Statement Report now displays a summary of net amounts by owner and property after the report is run. This can be used to quickly review and spot irregularities, or to generate owner payments. When saving bookings in the Bookings form, and warnings (such as maximum persons exceeded, etc.) are displayed, a new option to "Stop this Notice Always" is now available. This will prevent the same alert from displaying for that booking in the future (unless any of the criteria has changed). *** Note: Windows 10 has been fully tested with VRP. No issues have been found. • When replying to FlipKey inquires, the delay encountered due to FlipKey's tracking image within their emails has been resolved. • Other minor improvements. • Corrected an issue with Summary Properties when deleting bookings.
- 5/28/2015 v.1.0.2906 • A new Payment Type called "Security Pre-Authorization" has been added in the payments area of the Bookings form Billing Info page. These payment types allow scheduling credit card pre-authorizations for the purpose of placing a "hold" of a specific amount for security purposes to help ensure any unexpected or extra charges will be covered later. These types of payments are handled differently than normal payments, and can also be automatically scheduled when defining Payment Terms. See the help topic on "Security Pre-Authorizations" for more info. When using Automatic Rate Adjustments, you can now specify the Rate type (daily, weekly, monthly or weekend) to apply the automatic adjustments to. See help on "Near Term Rate Adjustments" and "Open Days Rate Adjustments" for more info. A correction was made when calculating the amount due when part of a Booking's payments were made by check or cash, and part by credit card. The Fee & Discount Types form has been changed to allow specifying the Quicken or QuickBooks Posting Category/Account for each Fee/Discount on a system wide level. You can still specify the Category/Account in each Property's Fees if needed. This makes managing posting accounts easier, especially if you are using Classes/Tags to designate properties. • Corrected a recent issue with the PDA/Sync file option. Plus a few other minor updates. • Changes to generating Payment Schedules to ignore zero amount payments. • Resolved an issue with Chrome browsers in web pages. Also lightened the color of the small "Powered by" blurb in web pages and emails to make it less noticeable • The Pay Fees & Commissions form has a new option to "Hide Cleanings not yet Cleaned". A few improvements were made to Property Group web pages. Repost your group/property pages after updating. • Updated the web Calendars and Rates to solve a bug in the latest version of the Firefox browser.
- 4/1/2015 v.1.0.2897 • Several updates were made to the web pages including: larger thumbnail photos, styling changes, property page menu reordering, new buttons such as "View Photos", slide-show improvements, and the default colors are more subtle (you can reselect the Default Colors in your Group settings to see the new colors). So update your web pages after this update. Property pages can now be linked-to externally with the initial menu tab specified, by adding for example: "?p=photos" to the end of the URL. See Help topic "Integrating VRP with your website" for more details. The Properties form > Options button has a new option to "Clean up the 'Rental Pics' photos folder". This will move any unused files out of the Rental Pics folder and into a backup folder. You can use this to reduce your Backup times and make it easier to manage your photos if you have lots of old photos in the MyFiles folder that you're not currently referencing in your Properties, Sites or Locations. Declined payments are now recorded in the Work Flow log within the Bookings form for your reference.
- 3/25/2015 v.1.0.2894 • The Floating Calendar now parses any messages from the guest within the Inquiries, and alerts you with a notification sound and Red text below the inquiry details, which you can click on to view the message. Also, the Paste All button and various checkboxes have been relocated for easier use. All web pages have been updated to the latest shared libraries. Instant Quotes in web calendars now expands downward slowly when dates are selected to help avoid possible confusion. • Calendar and Rates popup overlays on Group web pages are now disabled when viewing on a mobile device, and instead will display as a separate page. This prevents quirks and differences between various phones and how they handle overlays. (Repost your group web page). • Currency Codes (such as: USD) are now displayed in Rate Quotes and Web pages. • Lowered the volume of the guest "message" notification sound in the floating calendar. • The Rates drop-down in the Bookings form now displays calculated shared rates (under All rates for booking period) if the Property is sharing rates as a percentage. • Added a Date selection option to the Property Rates Report. Also, resolved an issue with old IE version 8 browsers on searchable web pages. • Instant Quotes in web calendars now automatically determine the Rate Type (ie. Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Flat Rate) based on slightly different rules in order to calculate the correct rate. These rules are explained in the Help topic "Instant Quotes" under the Rate Calculation section.
- 2/25/2015 v.1.0.2886 • Settings for both Near-Term Rate Adjustments and Open-Days Rate Adjustments can now be Shared if you are also Sharing Rates from other properties. As with Rates, this allows defining your Automatic Rate Adjustments in one place and then sharing them with multiple properties. • When posting Group Cleaning Schedules to the web, additional cleaning schedules are now also posted for each individual Primary Cleaner. This allows you to give each of your Primary Cleaners a separate link (URL) to their individual cleaning schedules. See Help on Property Groups for more info. Fixed a recent bug in the Floating Calendar when no Property is selected. • Fixed an issue when doing Auto FTP of reports and a Property has no Primary Owner specified. • Fixed a recent issue with the date popup selector on Searchable Group web pages. The "Skype" calling features have been upgraded to also allow Calling (and Texting) using other dialing programs installed on your PC, such as Google Voice (with the Google Voice Plugin). Note: If you use Android phones, there's a great app at: JustRemotePhone.com for making calls on your Cell Phone - from your PC. We use this with VRP, and it's sweet! Not only can you make calls and send texts from the Tenants, Contacts, Bookings and Properties forms, but you can also make calls from Outlook, Word, and Excel. • If you have many Blockout, Summary or Lockout bookings, you can now hide them in the "View by Booking" list in the Bookings form. This allows scrolling through fewer, actual bookings when Viewing by Booking. See the new "Show Blockouts" checkbox above the Timeline grid. • Fixed a minor issue on the Searchable Group web page. (Repost your group page).
- 2/14/2015 v.1.0.2876 • In the "Ad & Referral Sources" form, there is a new option for specifying which Email Address to reply to in the Floating Calendar. The options are: 1) The Guest email (if provided), 2) the Sent-From email, or 3) Both. The "Both" option allows you to send the reply directly to the guest, and also back through the Listing site's messaging system in order to track your response rate. This allows the guest to receive the email reply intact without having images and HTML formatting stripped out, (which sites such as FlipKey currently do) when replying back through their anonymous email messaging system. See Help on "Ad & Referral Sources" for more info. • Two new features were added for automatically adjusting Rates and/or Minimum Nights required in order to help fill open dates. These features are: 1) "Near Term Automatic Rate Adjustments", and 2) "Open Days Automatic Rate Adjustments". The first one already existed as "Special Rates", but it has been renamed and enhanced. The second one helps you fill all those small openings ("holes") in your booked dates, which may fall below your minimum nights requirement, or may be undesirable to guests looking for longer stays. These are well worth checking out if you want to book those hard-to-fill dates! See the Help topic "Automatic Rate Adjustments" for details. In the Properties form > Interface > Instant Quotes tab, you can now limit "Check-In Days of the Week" to multiple Days if needed, instead of just one day. • Web pages have been enhanced as follows. The Searchable Group web page has a slightly new look with softer lines and less clutter. Also, it now defaults to having no dates selected initially. Web Calendars now show Unavailable dates in a color that is similar to your selected Menu Bar color in order to give more color consistency to the web pages. See Example here. Repost your Group/Property web pages. • Fixed a formatting issue with the Craigslist Ads group pages. • The Property Rates Report has a new option to "Include Rates Lists (as displayed on the Web)". This lets you see side-by-side, each property's Rates as they are defined, and how they are merged and calculated to appear on the web. • Automatic Rate Adjustments will not show special rates for dates that are already booked..
- 2/6/2015 v.1.0.2870 • In addition to sharing Property Amenities, you can now Right-click on a specific Amenity in the Properties form, and select "Copy This Amenity to All Properties Listed" (for the currently selected filter). • Corrected a temporary issue where images in Outlook signatures were removed when replying to inquiries. • There are 2 new Fee & Discount Types called "Early Check-In" and "Late Check-Out". When either of these are used in a Booking, an automatic verification is performed, which will alert you if the Special Check-In or Check-Out Time options are not specified in the Booking. The "Fee & Discount Types" form has been updated with a couple of new features: 1) You can now "Merge" one Fee/Discount Type into another across all Bookings and Properties where it is used. And, 2) You can now quickly see where a specific Fee/Discount is being used. These options help you consolidate your fees and discount types if needed. See Help topic on "Fee and Discount Types" for more info. The Properties form > Misc tab has a new option for "Days in advance to Send Cleaning Notice". This is useful to help ensure you send cleaning notices on time if you are using the Cleaning Notice features. The Floating Calendar now displays the Rates for each day as you move the mouse over dates in the calendar. • The "Web" Button at the top of the main screen has a new option to "Post All Group & Property Web pages". This provides a shortcut from having to open the Property Groups form in order to update Group and Property web pages. • The Instant Quotes will now disallow guests to book a Monthly rate unless "all" of the requested dates offer a monthly rate (and not just the check-in date). This was already implemented for Weekly rates. • Messages displaying the results of web updates and interfaces are now indented for easier reading. • In the Bookings form, when changing the Rate Type (ie. Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Wkend), a prompt will appear asking if you want to also change the rate to the new calculated rate for that rate type. This saves having to click the Rate Recalc button. In the Property web pages, the 2nd photo (small slideshow), on the right side of the "Property Info" web page, is now also a hot-link to the Photos page. • Searchable Group web pages now only show the number of properties when a Search is performed, not when listing All Properties. (Repost your group/property pages for the change).
- 1/21/2015 v.1.0.2856 • Report Parameters can now be Shared with other users on your network. When clicking the Save button near the bottom of the Report Parameters forms you will see the new Sharing options. The Floating Calendar has a new "half-width" size option. Click the Expand button (small Down-arrow next to "Reply") until you see the half-width size. If you use Outlook with FlipKey inquiries, you may have noticed a long delay when replying to FlipKey inquiries recently. This is an issue that FlipKey is resolving soon. In the meantime, the Floating Calendar has been tweaked to cut this delay down to half. Hopefully, they will have it fixed soon. • The Bookings Reports, Commissions Report and Property Statement now exclude Canceled booking nights in the "Total Nights" summary. This avoids confusion when total nights exceeds the number of possible nights in a reporting period due to canceled bookings. • Old data Backups will now be automatically deleted when performing backups - or any other functions that do automatic backups. You will be prompted to confirm first. • A third new Rate Calculation Method was added called "Use Average Rate including Weekend Rates". This option is the same as the "Use Average Rate of Dates Booked", except that it does not show a separate "Weekend Adjustment" amount since any weekend daily rates are included in the overall Average daily rate. This method also removes the Weekend Adjustment line in Rate Quotes. See Help on "Rate Calculation Method" for details. Additional improvements were made to the Floating Calendar's new half-width size option mentioned above. (Try it out!). • Found a workaround for the delay caused by FlipKey's inquiries. The delay is caused by a "tracking image" they recently embedded in inquiries, which hopefully they will resolve soon, but in the meantime, this update uses a workaround. • The Property Rates form has a new option in the "Copy or Delete Rates by Year" button, which allows copying just a single rate forward to the next year. • Minor changes and fixes.
- 12/18/2014 v.1.0.2839 • Coupon codes can now be offered to guests when inquiring or booking online through the Instant Quote web calendars. This allows you to offer calculated coupon discounts for one or more Properties. See the Help topic on "Property Fees & Discounts" for details on how to set up Coupon type fees & discounts. When saving a Booking, a new check is performed which will alert you if any other bookings for the same property have their next cleaning scheduled "after" the check-in date of the booking your are saving. • Coupon codes are now Case-Insensitive. The Private View Bookings List now includes the Cleaning Prep Note, since this note can be useful when doing an on-site property check. • Updated the Floating Calendar to accommodate new changes in FlipKey's inquiries. • Fixed the Select-All function (via Right-click or Ctrl+A) when in a grid's text column. Fixed 2 missing column headers when printing Invoices. The Bookings Chart Detail reports now show the column header "Revenue" instead of "Rental Revenue" when the option to "Include Revenue type Fees in Rental Revenue" is selected. Searchable Group web pages now show "Available" buttons on individual properties "only" if the guest clicks "Search". This avoids possible confusion if the guest does not realize that the default dates are already selected. • In the Property Fees & Discounts form, you can now Duplicate an existing fee or discount when clicking "New". • Resolved an issue with Outlook 2013 when embedding photos within email messages. Added 2 new Placeholder Options: [LinkTo] - which allows linking a photo or text to a website URL. And, [UsePropWebPhoto] which can be used to embed photos from your website when using the "Direct to SMTP Server" email method (specified in User Preferences). See Help on Placeholder Options. • Accommodated new changes in FlipKey inquiries.
- 11/2/2014 v.1.0.2828 • Added 2 new buttons to each of the forms: Property Rates, Property Fees and Property Commissions. The 1st button is next to the "Sharing from property", which will pop up another form so you can see (or update), side-by-side, the rates, fees or commissions of the property you are sharing from. The 2nd button is next to the "Property" selection drop-down, which allows you to see a list of properties that are sharing "from this" property. Also on each of these forms, the "Copy from" button, has been enhanced to allow you to select specific Rates, Fees or Commissions that you want to copy from another property, rather than copying all of them. This is useful if you only wish to copy one or two rates, fees or commissions from another property. Sharing rates, fees and commissions is a "huge" time saver, so make sure you're taking advantage of these features. • The Property Group web pages have been updated so that each property displays in a separate box, plus some other minor improvements to the web pages. See Example here. There are 3 new Booking information Placeholders for: %SchedPaymentAmounts%, %SchedPaymentDates% and %SchedPaymentNotes%, which allow you to display scheduled payment details within table columns and align them as needed. • Added ability to auto-generate custom Payment Schedule Notes. See help topic on "Payment Terms" for details. Updated web page titles to always overlay on top of any logo image when displayed on phones and small devices. (Repost your Group and Property pages after updating).
- 10/21/2014 v.1.0.2825 • Updated Property and Group web pages to remove the left margin shaded column, which wasn't needed and also provides more viewing space and a cleaner look. Also, the top Title area of the web page will now auto-expand vertically if the Property Title is too long to display on small devices. • Solved an issue when displaying alerts if you have too many alerts due. • Increased the timeout period on various interfaces to avoid timeouts when external systems are slower than normal. • A new option in System Preferences > External Data, allows you to "Export Private Avails Data" to your website, which can be used for custom website integration if more detailed availability information is needed. • The Bookings Detail Reports now provide the Date type selection option of "Booked Nights", similar to the Property Statement report. This allows you to tie the two reports together for auditing purposes if you're already using the Booked Nights option with Property Statements. In addition, a new option to "Attach Fees to Last Night of bookings" was added to both reports. This allows fees and other non-prorated amounts to be included in the report which includes the "last night" of the booking, rather than the "check-in day". See the Help topic "Reporting based on Booked Nights" for details. • When Canceling a booking and asked if you want to Remove Reminders for the booking, an additional checkbox option "Remove Return Deposit Reminder also" can be checked to also remove the reminder to return the security deposit if one exists. Additional SEO improvements were made to the Group and Property web pages. Update your group/property pages after updating. • Updated the Process Fee calculation in the Bookings form to accommodate mixed payment methods.
- 9/22/2014 v.1.0.2816 • You can now auto-default to a specific Template when replying to Inquiries in the Floating Calendar if any of your "Rules" are broken (ex: min nights, max persons, etc). This option is in the Document and Email Templates form on the Doc Info tab. There is also a new %BrokenRules% Placeholder available which will list the specific rules that were broken. These allow you to quickly respond to inquiries when rules are broken using a specific Template you have created. Try it out. The Floating Calendar has been updated to recognize the new format for HomeAway and VRBO inquiries. • Some minor improvements were made to web pages relating to photo displays and slideshows. • A few more updates to the Floating Calendar to recognize HomeAway and VRBO inquiries when "replying to previous replies" or copying and pasting from an email source other than Outlook. • Solved an unexpected error that sometimes occurred when switching between the Floating Calendar and the main application screens while a prompt window was waiting for a user response. • Additional update to the Floating Calendar for recognizing custom inquiry forms. • Fixed a recent issue when posting property group web cleaning calendars. • When replying to HomeAway, VRBO or FlipKey inquiries, any images in the original email are now removed before the reply text is inserted. This not only saves a lot of space in your Sent mailbox, but also prevents the email from having several attachment files of unnecessary icons and images when the guest receives the reply through FlipKey or HomeAway's anonymous email system.
- 8/16/2014 v.1.0.2809 • Property web pages have been updated so that the Photos page works better with phones and touch screen devices. Clicking on thumbnail photos (rather than hover over) will now change the large photo, and clicking on the large photo opens the slideshow. • Property web pages have another new "Slideshow" feature on the Photos page. The slideshow starts automatically when viewing the Photos page, and has a "Stop/Start" button along with "Next/Previous" buttons. You can also click on the large photo for another type of slideshow which displays in a popup window. See Example here (click on the Photos page). The Background color settings for web pages have a new option to set the color to "Transparent". This provides another option for blending web pages into your existing website. • The Photos web page now stops the slideshow when a guest clicks on an image thumbnail or the Previous/Next buttons. • Two new options were added in User Preferences for Outlook 2007 or higher users: 1) You can now specify to "Include Outlook Signature in Emails", and 2) You can specify a "Send-From Email" account if you have multiple email accounts in Outlook and wish to send from a non-default account. In the Pay Fees and Commissions form, there is a new option to "Show Tenant Name in Commissions" when printing vouchers. This can help commission recipients further identify what the payment is for. The small "Book" icon button next to the "Find" button in the Bookings form has some useful "Common Filter Shortcuts" which can be handy. Give it a try. In the Instant Quote settings within the Properties form, you can now specify whether to warn or enforce the "Maxiumum Number of People" rule, in addition to the "Minimum Nights" rule. Right-clicking on photos within any of the VRP web pages is now disabled in order to help prevent people from easily "stealing" your photos. Repost your group/property pages after updating. • Instant Quotes now require the guest to check a checkbox verifying "I acknowledge this notice" before booking, if any "Instant Quote Info Text" in the Properties form is specified. This helps ensure they have read any important notices you have entered.
- 7/30/2014 v.1.0.2802 • You can now offer guests optional items within the Instant Quotes and online bookings by using the new "Default Fee Type" options in the Property Fees form. These options provide both Opt-in and Opt-out type fees, which allow guests to select or de-select optional fees within the Instant Quotes web form. Any optional items selected will be passed through to Availability Online's reservation form, and ultimately to VRP's Bookings form when importing new bookings. For example, you can offer guests optional Travel Insurance, Wine baskets, late checkout fees, etc. See Example here. Also see the help topics on Property Fees and Instant Quotes for more info. • The Property Rates form has some new and useful options when Right-clicking on an amount in one of the rate columns and selecting "Rates Quick Change Options". These options let you quickly change rates in a column by a percentage or an amount. For example, you can quickly bump up all your Daily rates after a specific date by 110%, which is much faster than changing each rate individually. • Corrected an issue when doing "Change database location" within the File menu. • You can now include html tags within the Instant Quote Info text, Terms and Notes. • 3 new options have been added to the Instant Quote settings in the Properties form > Interface tab. They are: 1) Required Check-in Day of Week, 2) First Bookable Day (how soon a guest can book a check-in), and 3) How to Enforce Other Rules (such as Minimum Night stays). Note, certain rules are always enforced (such as Max Persons). Enforced rules prevent guests from booking online if any enforced rules are broken. This provides more control over online bookings. You can still allow guests to book online by providing them with a temporary "Override Key". Please see the Help topic on "Instant Quotes" for more info. Also, corrected the tax calculation within Instant Quotes when optional fees are deselected. And changed the "Book it Now" button to help prevent Browser pop-up blockers from interfering with access to the online reservation form.
- 7/11/2014 v.1.0.2796 • Lockout Properties now include "Tentative" booking statuses when updating related properties. When printing vouchers in the Pay Fees & Commissions form, there is a new option to Auto Email Report, which creates separate vouchers and emails for each payee selected. • There are 2 new checkbox options in the Properties Groups form > Group Info tab, called: "List Properties in Random Order", and "Show Rate Ranges". The Random Order option can be used along with the Property Group Rank setting in the Properties form. All Properties with the same Group Rank will be displayed in random order. If you leave the Group Rank empty for all properties, then all properties will be listed in random order. This lets you to still rank certain properties higher than others in the list while randomizing the order. The Show Rate Ranges option can be turned on in order to show rate ranges on the group web page. Rate Ranges are now displayed for each type of rate defined (ie. nightly, weekly and monthly). (Try it!). There is a new checkbox in the Properties form > Misc tab next to Payment Terms, which if checked will automatically generate the Payment Schedule when Importing new bookings from Availability Online or Webervations. This saves having to click the "Generate Payment Schedule" button. Also, the "Generate Payment Schedule" button now has a Double-click option in order to generate the payment schedule without any prompts. Both of these changes allow fewer clicks when processing new bookings. • A new "Base on" option was added to Commissions for "% of Credit Card Payments". • Improvements made to web pages for better display on phones and small devices.
- 6/15/2014 v.1.0.2787 • Replying to inquiries is even easier. The Floating Calendar's "Paste All" button can now optionally auto-select one of your Inquiry Reply Templates based on the requested availability. This feature can be enabled in the "Doc Info" tab of the Document Templates form where there is a new option to: "Auto-select this template if the dates are either:" Available, Partially Available, or Not Available. The Floating Calendar can now read FlipKey replies to previous replies, which has a completely different email format. Scheduled Cleaning alerts are now included in the advance alerts when setting the User Preference option to Alert XX Days Prior to certain events. This can be helpful if you prefer to send individual Cleaning Notices (as opposed to Housekeeping reports) to cleaners a few days ahead of scheduled cleanings. • Corrected an issue with the automatic Special Rate Adjustments. • Property Group web pages now show the low-high "Rate Ranges" for each property (the same as VRBO and FlipKey listing pages). The Rate Range is also displayed on the Notes tab of the Properties form, and can be included in Templates using the Placeholder %Prop.RateRange%. Note: Since many people currently use the Property "Group Page Summary" text (in the Properties form > Web tab) to display a rate range, you can remove that text now, and use it for displaying other highlights about the property. Repost your Group and Property web pages to see these changes. • The Housekeeping report has 3 new options to Show: Cleaning Rate, Number of Bedrooms/Beds/Baths, and Property Note Info7. • Corrected a minor issue with the web Instant Quotes when single nights are booked.
- 5/30/2014 v.1.0.2782 • Some important updates here... The Instant Quotes feature within web calendars can now pass the rate, fees, taxes and all calculations to Availability Online's reservation form. What this means is that online bookings with Availaiblity Online's interface is no longer limited to daily rates and fees and taxes defined in Availability Online. Guests can now book weekly and monthly rates as well via the Instant Quotes and Availability Online interface. Note: if you have text in your Availability Online Policy text about weekly and monthly rate calculations, you can remove that verbiage if you are using Instant Quotes. (Note: This ability only exists with Instant Quotes). Also, within the Instant Quote settings in the VRP Properties form, you can specify additional property-specific Terms and Notes which will appear in the online reservation form. Another big change is that you can now display up to 48 photos on each property's web page (Note: This feature requires a 30 property license). The additional photos are accomplished by the new ability to specify up to 16 photos for Property "Locations" and 16 photos for Property "Sites". Property Sites is a new categorization in this update also, and can be used to group properties by site, complex or building. They are also selectable in Searchable Property Group web pages. Locations, which already exists, can now be used for geographic locations if you prefer. This feature not only allows up to 48 photos, but it prevents having to define the same photos over and over for multiple properties within the same site or location. Property photos can now be dedicated to photos of the unit or home itself, and you can specify the site and location photos separately. Also, the Photos page within property web pages (using the Menu web page format) has a new look with a larger photo display and up to 48 thumbnails. (Repost your property pages to see the changes). For more info, see the Help topics: "Property Sites, Locations and Categories", and "Instant Quotes in Web Calendars". There is a new Placeholder Option [ShowDateM] which can be used in expressions to easily test the month and day of any date.
- 5/15/2014 v.1.0.2781 • If you're using Availability Online (AO) for online bookings, you can now capture and track both the Ad Source and Reason for each booking. You do this by utilizing AO's "Custom Questions" feature in their Reservation Form. The questions must be exactly as specified in the VRP help topic "Availaiblity Online Interface", under "Setting up Custom Questions to track Ad Sources and Reasons". You can later analyze your Ad Sources revenue using the "Ad Source and Referrals Report". • An important change was made to Rates, so that if any seasonal rates have a 0 amount, that rate (daily, weekly, monthly or weekend) is not available. This allows you to set special holiday weekends, etc. to only a daily rate for example, so that people cannot book for a week the day before the holiday, at a lower weekly rate. Often times, people only offer a high daily rate on holiday weekends and special dates. The Instant Quotes web page also adheres to this change and will not allow people to book a week if any of the dates selected do not have a weekly rate defined. Please double check your Rates in new Bookings, Quotes, reposted Web Pages and Interfaces. There is a new option to base commissions on a % of the calculated Processing Fee. • Solved a recent issue with Canceling payments which have not been batched yet in Vacation Rent Payment. (Important: If you have canceled (not refunded) any payments after April 21, 2014, please log into Vacation Rent Payment and double-check that they were canceled). Added an option when running the Auto Web Updater Process to allow running the process once then ending. This allows updating rates and calendars on demand without waiting for it to finish.
- 4/13/2014 v.1.0.2776 • The Work Flow page of the Bookings form has a new "Work Flow Log" which displays a chronological list of emails sent, including the date, User's initials, and the selected Template's Short Name and ID. You can also add any other work flow notes as needed. Another benefit of the Work Flow Log, is that it allows tracking the same items sent more than once, or tracking the re-use of a single work flow item for multiple purposes. The Ad & Referral Sources form has a new option to: "Reply to the Sent-From email in Outlook when Replying to these Inquiries". This allows forcing the Floating Calendar to reply back through FlipKey or VRBO's messaging system in order for them to monitor your response percentages. This option can be turned on or off for specific Ad Sources. Microsoft has finally fixed a bug in IE 11 and Windows which caused us to switch to an alternate FTP method a few months ago. That method did not allow displaying the progress of uploads. VRP has now been changed back to the original method, since the corrected IE 11 update has been released over a month ago. Please contact us if you have any FTP issues and you've verified that your IE 11 is up to date. • The Bookings Charts & Detail Report has a new option to limit the report to Payments Received or Payments Due within a specific date range (in addition to the other date range selections). This can be useful for reporting money you have received (payments received in the past) and holding in trust for bookings checking in or out in the future. Several changes were made to the web pages (so be sure to repost your Group and Property pages). Among them are the Property Info page of the Property web pages will now automatically include a button to either: "Book it Now" or "View Calendar/Quote or Reserve", depending on whether you have Instant Quotes and Online Bookings enabled. We noticed that many people were adding similar buttons manually. So, if you added your own buttons, you can remove them now. The old Flipkey and HomeAway Connect interfaces have now been officially turned off since these old interfaces have been replaced by the iCal and HomeAwayPM Interfaces. (See Help on the new interfaces if you have not already started using them). • The "Back" link has been added back to Property web pages (on left side of menu bar) when clicking on a Property within a Group page. Also, any Search criteria entered in the Searchable Property Group page will be remembered when going back to the group page.
- 3/27/2014 v.1.0.2772 • Solved an issue within property web pages when using embedded Google maps, which was due to a change in the Google mapping service. Also, web pages will display faster, since embedded maps now only load when the "Map" menu item is clicked. • The Bookings Chart Reports can now also be Grouped by "Cleaner" and "Property". The Group By options allow automatically creating separate reports which can optionally be "Auto Emailed" to corresponding parties. Corrected an issue when using the seldom used web post option: "Post Property web page & it's Group Page" in the Properties form. • Multi-user installations of VRP on a local network can now automatically update the program files on each PC when one PC is updated. Please see the Help topic: "Installing on a Network" for the new instructions. • Updated the calendars in order to accommodate recent changes on Godaddy hosted accounts. • There is a new Placeholder Option called [Buttonlink] which can be used to add buttons to your web page Long Descriptions or to Email Templates which use Html format. It can also be used to add a button that links to a menu item on your property web page. Example: %Expression%["#bookonline"][Buttonlink Book it Now] - adding this to the property Long Description will add a "Book it Now" button if you have Online Bookings enabled.
- 2/24/2014 v.1.0.2763 • Lots of good stuff... All Reports now have 3 new Property selection options (All Active Properties, All Inactive, or Only Properties with Matching Data). The Expenses Report can now be Grouped by Vendor / Cleaner. All FTP settings now have a button to "Test FTP Settings". There is an additional custom "Reminder 3" added to both Bookings and the Property default Reminders. A new "Agent" selection has been added to the Bookings form, which optionally allows tracking bookings by Agent. You can specify the Default Agent for new Bookings that you create in User Preferences. The Bookings Chart reports have new options for: showing the Agent, Grouping by Agent, and Selecting Bookings for specific Agents. Inactive Properties can now be used to Share rates, fees or commissions from. This allows setting up "dummy" properties that you can use just for sharing, as an alternative to using Active Properties. The Booking ID was added to the Private View Bookings List. • There's a new option in the Properties form Options button to "Copy Web page options for this Property to the Properties listed". This copies 10 of the commonly used web posting options / checkboxes to make it easier to set up web posting options for other properties. • When creating Booking Extensions, a new option exists to "Use Tax Rates from This Booking", in case you have zeroed out the tax rates (as you might do with long term bookings). • Next to the "Find" button in the Bookings form there is a new button to quickly "Show Recently Updated Bookings". Although it uses Filters already available in the Filters drop-down at the top, this button makes it easier to call up bookings you were recently working on. • Corrected an issue with sending emails using simple mapi mail clients (ie. Outlook Express). • The Fees page of the Bookings form now includes the "Standard Number of Persons" copied from the Properties form. This is used in certain Fee calculations and Cleaning Expenses, and allows changing the Standard Number of Persons in the Properties form without effecting existing bookings. • When creating Booking Extensions, you can now specify whether or not to Add Default Reminders. When performing a Database Update on a PC that is not hosting the database, there will be an extra prompt to verify if you wish to proceed.
- 1/30/2014 v.1.0.2755 • There is a new feature (in the Forms menu) called "Reconcile Payments Received". This provides a tool to help reconcile payments received against your bank or merchant account statements. It also provides a report of payments (based on the selected filter). See the help topic "Reconcile Payments Received" for more info. In the Bookings form Payments grid, there is a new column called "Payment Reference". Automatically generated payment references (such as when paying via Vacation Rent Payment), are now stored in this column (instead of the Payment Note). Also, next to the Payments grid, there are now two "$" dollar sign buttons. One for paying via Vacation Rent Payment, and one for paying via the "Web Form Assistant". In the Bookings form timeline grids, you can now Double-click on the tape chart items (on the right) to view the Tenant details for that booking, or you can Right-click for more options. (Previously you could only Double-click on the Tenant column). Found a solution for the last of the recent bugs in Windows 8 and IE 11 which prevented VRP from being able to create new folders on your FTP site. (VRP can now create new folders if needed). In the 2 Reminders within the Bookings form, if the word "Send" is included in the reminder text, and you mark the reminder as Complete, the Bookings form will automatically switch to the Work Flow tab so that you can send an email. (Often times people use the reminders for sending work flow items, and this avoids having to manually click on the Work Flow tab). There is no longer a System Preference setting to "Use the new HomeAwayPM Interface", since the old HomeAwayPM Interface has been disabled by HomeAway. In the Pay Fees and Commissions form, you can now select a range of items by using Shift+Click on the checkboxes when selecting items to pay. • Changed how shadow special effects are displayed on web pages in order to solve a bug in IE 11 browsers. • The "Direct to SMTP" email option now works with TLS/SSL email servers, (ie. gmail and yahoo). Click the "SSL" button in the User Preferences form next to the SMTP Server. However, using Outlook (rather than SMTP) is still preferred as explained in Help under Email Settings.
- 1/5/2014 v.1.0.2752 • The HomeAwayPM interface is now available for the 15 property License, rather than the 30 property License. This allows updating HomeAway and VRBO calendars and rates from VRP. See the Help topic on "HomeAwayPM Interface" for more info. • Corrected a minor issue with Daylight savings time and Instant Quotes in web calendars. Moved the Property Group selection in the Properties form to the Web Post tab. • There is a new option in User Preferences (Options page) to "Remind me to run the Web Calendars and Rates Updates each Day". The reminder notice will allow you to Run the Updates, or Start the Auto Web Updater.
To view updates prior to 2014, Click Here.